Department of Family Medicine
Your health, your family!
The Family Medicine department at the Fakeeh University Hospital offers high quality, patient-centered primarycare to all ages, from newborns to older adults. We focus on prevention, diagnosis and treatment of common illnesses as well as chronic conditions and mental health.
The family medicine team works closely with the patients and their families to manage the patient’s condition as well as screening other family members for prevention.
The services provided at Family Medicine department at Fakeeh University Hospitals including but not limited to:
- Mental health awareness, prevention and management of common psychiatric conditions such as depression, anxiety and burnout
- Management of Post-COVID symptoms such as chronic fatigue syndrome, headache, chronic cough, loss of smell of taste and other symptoms of Longcovid.
- Perform Periodic health Examinations and testing according to the patient’s age, sex and family history
- Management of chronic diseases and conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, Asthma and hypothyroidism.
- Management of acute conditions such as headache, back pain, dizziness, fatigue, neck pain and abdominal pain.
- Care of elderly for their medical conditions and mental illnesses.
- Well child visit and management of children illnesses such as feeding problems, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, headache and dizziness.
- Common cancers screening according to age, sex and family history.
- Care and management of adolescent health ss including physical, mental, emotional, and sexual milestones.
- Diagnosis, management, and prevention of allergic and immunologic conditions, including but not limited to rhinitis, dermatitis, asthma, urticaria, immunodeficiency, hypersensitivity reactions and anaphylaxis
- Diagnose and manage common skin diseases such as acne, eczema, fungal infections and hair disorders.
- Management of bits and burns
- Management of obstetric and gynecological conditions such as heavy menstruation and vaginal bleeding and discharge
- Diagnosis and management of common eye and ear conditions such as eye infection, conjunctivitis, conjunctival hemorrhage, vertigo, tinnitus, and ear infections.
- Sexual health and management of sexual diseases.
- Management of joints pain and osteoporosis.
- Nutritional and lifestyle consultations.
- Physical exam for sports and schools.