Department of Endocrinology
A fast access to highly specialized disease management
Diabetes and Endocrine service at Fakeeh University Hospital offer patients fast access to highly specialized, comprehensive management for diseases and complications related to hormone problems and metabolic disorders such as weight gain or loss.
A multidisciplinary team is dedicated to providing compassionate and high-quality medical care based on up-to-date treatment guidelines.
Our team of endocrinology experts (western trained and qualified endocrinologists) deal with different kinds of endocrine-related diseases common in the United Arab Emirates, such as diabetes, adrenal, thyroid, and pituitary glands, infertility disorders when it is caused by endocrine disorders, metabolic bone disease, and obesity. The diabetes team also deals with all diabetes management technologies available in the UAE, such as insulin pump therapy and continuous glucose monitoring systems.
Treatment & services
At the first visit, the patient is asked to provide a thorough medical history and has a physical examination. Depending on the patient’s symptoms. Laboratory studies may include:
- Blood and urine tests: Tests that use samples of the patient’s blood or urine
- Imaging studies: Tests that create pictures of an organ or area of the body
- Imaging studies used may include x-rays, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans, parathyroid, and thyroid scans, Thyroid fine-needle aspiration biopsies, and bone densitometry scans
- Dynamic Testing: Study when two or more samples of blood are tested at specified times. Diseases involving the pituitary and adrenal glands may require this type of testing
- Follow-up visits are tailored according to each patient’s condition. Laboratory studies and repeat imaging may be ordered in the follow-up period if needed
Diabetes and the Endocrine Department usees a multidisciplinary approach to diagnose and treat endocrine diseases and metabolic disorders.
- Diabetes Nurse Educator Clinic
- Lifestyle Clinic
- Eye Clinic
- Diabetes Foot Care Clinic
- Endocrinologists & Diabetologists
- Diabetes Educators
- Registered Dietitians
- Obstetrician & Gynecologists
For gestational diabetes (diabetes during pregnancy ), full integration with our obstetric team provides comprehensive, integrated service in one place under one roof.
All diabetes service–including the latest technologies–for example, Libre lifestyle senor for blood sugar measurement without bricking.
Gestational diabetes service
Follow up and continuation of care through telecommunication for monitoring the blood sugar. Blood sugar control to prepare for different kinds of surgeries.
At Fakeeh University Hospital, we make sure patient care and safety are paramount. Endocrine disorder affects the well-being of the patients. Hence, we will make sure our patients’ experiences with our team are worth their time and visit.