Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Stefano Pompei
Designation: Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
Specialty: Plastic Surgery
Languages: Italian , English , Portuguese , French
- Breast immediate and delayed reconstruction
- Head and neck reconstruction
- Cosmetic surgery
- Reconstructive surgery for oncological dermatology
- Limb reconstructions (post oncologic and post trauma) for soft tissues and/or bone loss
- Burns treatment
Dr. Pompei is internationally named for his personal clinical experience in the use of polyurethane implants (more than 1300 implants utilized) for reconstructive and cosmetic surgery in primary and secondary cases.
In the last 10 years, he has been involved as an Invited Speaker in 93 national and international courses, symposiums and conferences in plastic, reconstructive or cosmetic surgery.
Just between 2010-2019, he has been an Invited Speaker to talk at plastic and reconstructive surgery congresses/meetings in different cities like Madrid, Barcelona, Budapest, London, Kiev, St. Petersburg, Winchester, Mursia, Nottingham, Sao Paulo, Dieburg, Innsbruck, Paris, Winchester, Dusseldorf, Cologne, Stockholm, Zagreb, Wien, Riyadh, Dubai, Vilnius, Cairo, Berlin, Cyprus, Athens, Dubrovnik, Tehran, Frankfurt, Dnipro, Rio de Janeiro, Warsaw, Poznan, Buenos Aires, Bahrain.
From 2010 up to june 2021 , he is the Organizer and Scientific Coordinator with his colleague Dr. Roy De Vita, of the biannual RBS (Rome Breast Symposium). International guests and famous plastic and cosmetic surgeons attend the event, from USA, UK, Brazil, Spain, France, Germany, Canada, Argentina, etc.
Below are the former and current positions held by him:
- Head of Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery Unit, San Camillo General Hospital, Rome, Italy, July 2015 to July 2019
- Head of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Department of Sandro Pertini General Hopital , Rome, Italy : September 2002 to june 2015
- Attending Plastic Surgeon, National Cancer Institute “Regina Elena”, Rome, Italy, 1987 to 2000
- Former Resident in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Hospital Defects of the Face, Sao Paulo, Brazil, November 1985 to April 1988
- From July 2019 to Nov.2020, Consultant Plastic Surgeon and Director of Plastic Surgery Dep. Medstar Healthcare LLC, Dubai, UAE
- From Dec 2020 , Head Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Aesthetica Clinics/Avivo Group , Dubai , UAE
- University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy, November 1974 to November 1980, Medical Degree
- University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy, November 1980 to July 1985, General Surgery Residency Program
- 1986-1988 Hospital of Facial Defects , Sao Paulo , Brazil : Accredited Residency Program of the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgery
- Catholic University, Rome, Italy, November 1985 to July 1990, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency Program
Research & publications
- In the last 30 years Dr. Pompei produced 129 published papers in national and international medical Journals as Author and Co-author.
- In the last 5 years, as Author he has published 3 important papers on breast reconstruction in the European Journal of Plastic Surgery, 2 in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal and 1 on Clinics in Plastic Surgery and 1 in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- In 1999, he projected and realized in collaboration with Polytech-Silimed Company, a specific elliptical reinforced, high projection tissue expander for breast reconstruction. To present days, the two companies are commercially independent but they still have in their catalogues this useful tool for the two-stage breast reconstruction
Number of Years of Experience: 30+ years