Dr. Ramesh Srigiri
Designation: Consultant Anesthetist
Specialty: Anesthesia, Cardiac
Languages: English, Hindi, Telugu, and Tamil
- Cardiac anesthesia adult, pediatric and neonatal
- Vascular, thoracic anesthesia and one-lung ventilation
- Neuro anesthesia
- Obstetric anesthesia and labor analgesia
- Pediatric anesthesia
- Postoperative pain management
- Intensive care management
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Ultrasound guided regional nerve blocks and cannulation
- Hemodynamic monitoring
- Dr. Ramesh Srigiri has over 14 years of experience in anesthesia and critical care. In the UAE, he headed the department as Consultant, Chair of Anesthesia and Critical Care, and Clinical Assistant Professor in one of the university hospitals.
- After completing his specialty training M.D in Anesthesia, he did super-specialty training D.M in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia at Sri Ramachandra University India, one of the most renowned medical universities in India.
- Dr. Ramesh headed the department as Senior Consultant, Academic and Clinical Co-ordinator, in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia and ICU at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. He was a guide and DNB teacher for anesthesia and cardiac anesthesia postgraduates and was actively involved in research activities. He started a fellowship program in cardiothoracic and vascular anesthesia.
- He has conducted anesthesia in a series of cases for off–pump minimally invasive CABG with total arterial grafting first of its kind in the UAE. His clinical expertise includes not only cardiothoracic and vascular anesthesia in adult pediatric and neonatal, but also high-risk cardiac patients posted for non-cardiac surgeries like neurosurgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatric and neonatal surgeries, gastrointestinal and laparoscopy.
- He is a permanent member of the Indian Society of Anesthesiology, the Indian College of Anesthesiology, and the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology. He has been as faculty for many national conferences and examiner for fellowship course in India.
- MBBS, MD, DM
Research & Publications
- Researched right ventricular dysfunction in off pump CABG patients
- Publications on epicardial ultrasound, blood loss in CABG patients who continued antiplatelets,hemodynamic changes occurring during heart displacement, the role of deep hypothermic circulatoryarrest in large AV malformation
Number of Years of Experience: 14 years