Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Dr. Alaa Younus Mohammed
Designation: Specialist Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Specialty: Specialist Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Languages: English and Arabic
- Dealing with low and high-risk pregnancies
- Cesarean section on premature babies and patients with repeated cesarean section
- Pre-conceptual counselling and recurrent miscarriage treatment
- Cervical screening and Colposcopy procedures
- All gynecological surgeries, including: Abdominal hysterectomy, myomectomy, oophorectomy, cystectomy, ectopic pregnancy, and vaginal surgeries
- Laparoscopic surgery: ovarian cystectomy, oophorectomy, ectopic pregnancy andadhesiolysis
- Hysteroscopic surgeries, submucous myoma resection, polypectomy, endometrial sampling,and diagnostic hysteroscopy
- Infertility management
- Dr. Alaa is an Iraqi – Canadian Obstetrician and Gynecologist, who has had more than 20 years in the field of obstetrics and gynecology, with 15 years in the Gulf region. She has been trained in her specialty at Baghdad University in a tertiary center where she was predominantly trained in gynaeoncology.
- Dr. Alaa started her career in Al – Qassimi Hospital (MOH), working with them for 1 and a half years. Dr. Alaa has worked in Latifa Hospital as a senior specialist for 7 years, and she was appointed to the Faculty of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Dubai College, based on exceptional skills and extensive experience. Afterward, she pursued her career in Canada, where she was granted the Medical Council of Canada. In Canada, she worked as a research assistant in the field of endocrinology and infertility.
- Afterward, her return to the gulf region took her to the Ministry of Health’s hospitals, where she was the head of the department of obstetrics and gynecology in Al Dhaid hospital for 3 years. Al Dhaid hospital is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Sharjah Medical College, where Dr. Alaa lectured.
- Dr. Alaa has vast experience with teaching medical students in the UAE while working in both Latifa and Al Dhaid Hospital.
- MBCHB Al Mustansyriya University, Iraq, Arab Board Certificate in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baghdad University
- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baghdad University
- Medical Council of Canada
Number of Years of Experience : 20 years
Research & Publications
- Role of Oxidative Stress in Preeclampsia and eclampsia
- Idiopathic Stroke in normal Parturient, BMJ Case report (JAN 2010)