Dr. Abeer Khayat
Designation: Consultant Pediatrician
Languages: English, and Arabic
- General pediatrics from birth to 18 years
- Neonatal intensive care/Level III
- Obesity medicine
- Medical education
- Medical quality and patient safety
Dr. Abeer Khayat is a renowned name in pediatrics, with over 20 years of experience. She has worked with various well-known institutions across the US and UAE including University of Florida, American Hospital Dubai and Tawam Hospital. She has extensive experience in all aspects of general pediatrics including inpatient, outpatient, and urgent care setting, neonatal intensive care and obesity medicine.
Throughout her career, Dr. Abeer has held several leadership roles including the Chief of the Department of Pediatrics at the American Hospital Dubai for over 10 years, Ambulatory Pediatric Director at Tawam Hospital, and the Medical Director for the HIV program at the University of Florida.
Dr. Abeer has special interest in medical education; she is Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor at the College of Medicine, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
She is Fellow of The American Academy of Pediatrics. She received several award including Harvard Medical School recognition award and Tawam Hospital Customer Service award.
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Obesity Medicine
- Masters in Neonatal Medicine
- Harvard Medical School certification in Safety, Quality, Informatics, and Leadership
- Medical Doctor in Human Medicine (MD); Damascus University
- Certification of Physician Executive program; American Physician Leadership Association’s – in progress
- Lactation consultant certification – in progress
Research & Publications
Dr. Abeer participated in several research projects and has few publications. She is an invited speaker in several national and international conferences.
Number of Years of Experience: Over 20 years