Professor Amir Nisar
Designation: Consultant General Surgeon
Specialty: General Surgery
Languages: English, Urdu
- Hernia Surgery (Inguinal, Umbilical, Incisional hernias)
- Gall Bladder stones management
- GERD (Gastro Esophageal Reflux disease management and surgery)
- GastroIntestinal and Bariatric surgery (Benign and Cancer)
- Haemerrhoids, Anal fissures, cysts and ingrowing toenail
- Laparoscopic hernia surgery; especially MiniScarLess (MSL) laparoscopic hernia surgery
- Laparoscopic biliary surgery; especially laparoscopic MiniScarLess (MSL)/Clipless Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic gastro oesophageal reflux disease surgery; MiniScarLess (MSL)
- Laparoscopic Nissen’s Fundoplication for GORD/GERD
- Management of complications of bariatrics surgery
- Laparoscopic Amir’s Dubai Repair (ADR). It’s an innovative surgical technique used to manage gastro oesophageal reflux disease after weight loss surgery, like laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and laparoscopic proximal gastric bypass operation
- Laparoscopic complex incisional hernia surgery
- Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal surgery for cancers & benign conditions
- Laparoscopic Splenic and Adrenal glands surgery
- Haemorrhoids, anal fissures & other anal conditions
- Cysts, Lipomas, Ingrown toenails
- Skin lesions, moles & skin cancer excisions
Professor Amir has 33 years of experience in open and laparoscopic Gastrointestinal surgery. He had his full surgical training in United Kingdom and Ireland in some of the best teaching and training centres. After completion of full training and award of Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT), he practised as a consultant lead surgeon in tertiary referral centre for more than 10 years.
Professor Amir Nisar excels in traditional and most modern operative approaches to various disease conditions requiring conservative or surgical management. He has been practising, teaching and training Minimal Invasive (Keyhole surgery) at the highest levels for more than 27 years.
Having mastered the skills in Laparoscopic surgery, now he is particularly interested in making Laparoscopic surgery safe, pain free and cosmetically better than the routinely practiced keyhole/ minimal invasive laparoscopic surgical operations; some prime examples of his practice include:
- MiniScarLess (MSL) Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (Gall bladder surgery)
- MiniScarLess (MSL) Inguinal (groin) Hernia surgery
- MiniScarLess (MSL) Nissen’s Fundoplication (Anti-Reflux Surgery for GORD – Gastro Oesophageal Reflux Disease)
- MiniScarLess (MSL) Appendicectomy
Professor Amir Nisar offers surgery for Gall Bladder Disease, Hernias (Simple or complex), Gastro Oesophageal Reflux disease, Gastrointestinal tumours (cancers), and other benign conditions. He manages Haemorrhoids, anal fissures, and other conditions mostly with conservative measures and simple yet effective techniques.
He has excellent expertise in Bariatric surgery and deals with first time weight loss surgery and re-do surgery for complications of bariatric surgery.
His specialist interest and GORD/GERD Anti Reflux surgery and Bariatric surgery has allowed him to deal with GORD after Bariatric surgery (Sleeve Gastrectomy or Gastric bypass operations) in a very efficient and effective manner.
Professor Nisar has several innovations in surgery to his name. These have helped him and his patients in simplifying some of the very complex clinical scenarios and making them easy to deal with.
He has been a teacher and trainer in Laparoscopic surgery in United Kingdom, Europe and Asia for 23 years. This allows him to keep in touch with the most modern surgical techniques and allows him to maintain his skills at the highest level.
He is the member of:
- ALSGBI (Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland)
- EAES (European Association of Endoscopic Surgeons)
- Member of British Hernia Society
- MBBS, 1986
- FRCS, Glasgow, 1993
- FRCSI, Dublin, 1993
- FRCS (Gen.), 2005
- CCT, UK, 2006
Research & Publications
- Amir’s Dubai Repair (ADR) a safe and feasible option for GORD after Laparoscopic Sleeve gastrectomy Abu Dhabi, Short- and medium-term results, Mediclinic International 4th Annual Research conference, Oral Podium Presentation, Published as well. May 2021.
- Laparoscopic MiniScarLess (MSL) TEP Inguinal Hernia repair: The new Gold Standard in groin hernia surgery? Abu Dhabi, Mediclinic International 4th Annual Research conference, Poster Presentation, May 2021.
- Innovations and Future of Surgery Keynote Lecture Lahore, Pakistan, 17th International Surgical Conference, Society of Surgeons of Pakistan, March 2019.
- Colorectal Cancer Surgery Steps to safe Progression to Advanced Oncological Dubai, UAE, Laparoscopic surgery, Organiser and faculty Colorectal hands-on workshop, Endo Dubai 2019, February 2019.
Number of Years of Experience: 33 years