Dr. Wael Dahhan
Designation: Consultant Gastroenterologist
Languages: English, Arabic
Diagnosis and management of digestive and liver diseases including:
- Gastritis and ulcer diseases
- IBD (Crohn, ulcerative colitis)
- Gastrointestinal emergencies and bleeding
- Colon cancer screening
- Fatty liver
- Non-Surgical Options of Obesity Management
Endoscopic services including:
- Upper Endoscopy
- Deep enteroscopy
- Video capsule endoscopy
- Esophgeal PH / Impedance study
- Esophageal manometry
- Endoscopic bariatric procedures
- Less invasive techniques for weight loss management (including endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty / ESG)
- Gastric balloon, including Elipse Capsule gastric balloon
- Endoscopic management of Esophyx, (TIF) Trans Oral Incisionless Fundoplication (Soon)
Dr. Wael Dahan is an American Board Certified Gastroenterologist with more than 21 years of clinical experience in the United States of America and the United Arab Emirates in treating patients with a wide range of complex gastrointestinal diseases.
He completed his Gastroenterology Fellowship at Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA. He pursued further Fellowship training in Advanced & Interventional Endoscopy at BIDMC, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA.
After finishing his specialty fellowships in prestigious US universities and Hospitals, he joined one of the largest gastroenterology groups in South East Michigan where he had engaged in a Consultancy GI/ Hepatology busy practice for five years before moving to Dubai, He built an excellent professional reputation in his field in UAE over the past 16 years.
Dr. Dahhan provides care for common digestive diseases as well as in depth investigations for difficult GI conditions. He is one of the few Consultants in the Middle East who had formal fellowship training and expertise in liver diseases. His high quality performance of routine and advanced endoscopic procedures is well known in the region, including upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, ERCP, capsule endoscopy, esophageal PH and motility studies, Enteroscopy and liver biopsy.
Dr. Dahhan is offering new endoscopic management of obesity including endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty, He had rich experience in placement of gastric balloons, and offering soon new endoscopic non surgical options for the management of chronic acid reflux disease (GERD) (TIF Procedure).
He is a Fellow member in ACG, and member in ASGE, AGA. He is a regular speaker in national and international medical conferences.
- Certified, American Board of Gastroenterology
- Hepatology fellowship at the University of Miami, Center for Liver diseases, Miami, FL, USA
- Gastroenterology fellowship at Yale university, New Haven, CT, USA
- Interventional Gastroenterology fellowship at BIDMC, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
Number of Years of Experience: 21 years