Dr. Syed Amjad Ali Shah
Designation: Senior Consultant Dermatologist
Specialty: Dermatology , Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Languages spoken: English, Urdu and Pushto
All diseases of:
For adults & children:
- Skin treatment (benign & cancer lesions)
- Skin surgery (benign & cancer lesions)
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery
- Laser treatments
- Botox / fillers /chemical peels other cosmetic procedures
Dr. Syed Amjad Ali Shah has a vast experience of 27 years, working across UK, Pakistan & UAE. To name a few, he has been associated with the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, UK; University Hospital of Wales, College of Medicine, UK; Head of Department at University Hospitals Morecambe Bay NHS Trust, UK; and other well-known hospitals in the UAE region.
He takes keen interest in medical education and has been associated with leading organizations in a teaching capacity to under and postgraduates throughout his career. He presented extensively at international and national conferences.
Dr Shah is UK trained Consultant dermatologist and Mohs Mohs surgeon, his qualifications include MRCP, UK , (CCST) UK ,one year Fellowship in Laser/Cosmetic/Mohs/ Cutaneous Surgery, with the British Association of Dermatologists at University Hospital Wales College of Medicine Cardiff, UK and FRCP(Edinburgh).
Dr Shah is also mentor for International Travelling Mentorship Program (ITMP) for American Society for Dermatological Surgery (ASDS).
Dr. Shah is a member of:
- Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- British Association of Dermatologists
- Scottish Dermatological Society
- British Society of Dermatological Surgery
- European Society of Dermatology and Venerology
- Dermatology Aesthetic International League(DASIL)
- M.B.B.S.Khyber Medical College, Peshawar (N.W.F.P.) Pakistan,, 1987.
- M.R.C.P., Royal College of Physicians UK, 1994
- CCST (Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training in Dermatology), UK, 1999
- Fellowship in Mohs /Cosmetic /Laser /Cutaneous Surgery, University Hospital of Wales College of Medicine, UK, 2000
- FRCP [Edin] RCP Edinburgh, 2004.
Research & Publications
Following are some of his recent works:
- Dermatitis Herpetiformis Effectively treated with heparin, tetracycline and Nicotinamide. S.A.A. Shah, A.D. Ormerod. Cline expert Dermatol, 2000
- Pigmented clothing dermatitis due to disperse orange 3, disperse blue 35 and disperse blue 153. Contact Dermat, 2000
- Treatment of psoriasis with topical L-NMMA an inhibitor of nitric oxide synthesis Ormerod A D, Copeland P, Shah S A A BJD 2000; 142:985-90
- Treatment of psoriasis with topical sirolimus; preclinical development and randomized, double-blind trial Ormetrod A D, Shah S A A, Copelnd P BJD, 2005 Apr; 152(4):758-64
Number of Years of Experience: 27 years