Dr. Sanjay Perkar
Designation: Specialist Pediatrician
Languages: English, Hindi, Marathi and Telugu
- General pediatrics & neonatology
- Pediatric critical care and high dependency care
- Pediatric emergency care
- Well baby clinics & Vaccination clinics
- Developmental screening
- Management of various infectious and non-infectious childhood illnesses
- Management of childhood allergies and asthma
- Management of acute and chronic childhood illnesses
- Multidisciplinary management of complex and challenging cases
- Training and education of Nursing and Medical students; and academic research
- Adjunct clinical lecturer at Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences, Dubai
- Dr. Sanjay is an experienced pediatric healthcare professional with more than 10 years of specialized experience in general pediatrics & neonatology, pediatric critical care, pediatric emergency medicine, neonatology, pediatric nephrology, pediatric oncology, and various pediatric subspecialties. Prior to joining FUH, Dr. Sanjay served as Specialist Pediatrician at Mediclinic City Hospital, Dubai for the last 5 years.
- He is an M.D. in Pediatrics from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai, India. After completion of post-graduation, he worked for one of the most prestigious academic and research centers in India – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. During his tenure at AIIMS, he also trained medical graduates and postgraduate students at the institute.
- Furthermore, he has worked as a fellow in pediatric critical care at BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi. Dr. Sanjay holds a special interest in contributing to the field of medical research and has contributed several articles, and cases to national and international medical journals. Some of his key publications talk about the impact of COVID-19 lockdown on children: as well as paternal & maternal attitudes towards breastfeeding.
- He hails from the western central region of India – Mumbai. He is married to Dr. Shubhangi, who is a practicing Specialist Dermatologist at leading healthcare organizations in UAE. He is also a doting father of two beautiful girls.
- During his leisure time, you will find him volunteering for Art of Living Foundation and promotion of Yoga and Spiritual wellbeing. He is an amateur photographer and an avid reader with a liking for history and mythology books.
- MBBS, MD Pediatrics
- Member of American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Member of Emirates Medical Association – Pediatrics and Neonatology section
- Life member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics – Intensive Care Chapter
- Life member of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
Research & Publications
- The Impacts of Home Confinement Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) on Children: A Cross Sectional Survey Study, Mediclinic City Hospital, Dubai, UAE. American Journal of Pediatrics. Vol. 6, No. 4, 2020, p p. 408 – 420
- The Clinical Management of Diabetic Ketoacidosis. J Pediatr Crit Care 2017;4(4):34 – 43
- Factors associated with maternal feeding attitudes in Mumbai, India. Breastfeeding Medicine. January 2014, Vol. 9, No. 1:42 – 44
- Do father’s attitudes support breastfeeding? A cross sectional questionnaire – based study in Mumbai, India. Indian Journal of Medical Sciences. 2012, Vol. 66, Issue 1: 30 – 3
- High flow nasal canula: The new mode of NIV in Pediatrics: A working protocol. Journal of pediatric critical care, Vol. 2; No. 2; April – June 2015: 59 – 62
- Dexmedetomidine: Drug review. Journal of pediatric critical care, Vol. 2; No. 2; April – June 2015: 63 – 66
Number of Years of Experience: 10 years