Dr. Raad Hayder Younus Alkhayyat
Designation: Consultant Psychiatry
Languages: Arabic, English
- Anxiety, Panic, Phobic & Obsessive-Compulsive disorders
- Depression, Bipolar & other mood disorders
- Psychosomatic disorders and those related to organic & neurological disorders
- Disorders related to stress & trauma including PTSD
- All types of psychosis including Schizophrenia & Schizoaffective disorders
- Child and Adolescent psychiatric conditions
- Disorders of women & related to pregnancy & labour
- Sleep & eating disorders
- Disorders of elderly people including Dementia and related problems
- Treating with medicine as well as different types of psychotherapy including dynamic, cognitive, behavioral, individual and family therapy
Dr. Raad Alkhayyat has an extensive experience of 40 years in the field of psychiatry. His career spans across the globe and he has worked in different psychiatric hospitals in the UK, New Zealand and several Arab countries.
He was attached as the Consultant Psychiatrist and Head of Psychiatric Department at a well-known Psychiatric Hospital in Dubai (MOHAP-UAE) from 2006 till 2018. He has also been the Chairperson of the Medical Committee of this Hospital and member of different clinical, administrative and forensic committees, including committee to interview psychiatrists for licensing procedure.
Dr. Alkhayaat has a keen interest in teaching and training, and has done both for numerous undergraduate and postgraduate candidates.
He is a member of the Royal College of Psychiatric since September 1984.
- College of Medicine, University of Baghdad, 1976
- MBChB, MRCPsych, University: Royal College of Psychiatrists
Number of Years of Experience: 40 years