Specialist Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Muhammad Khalifa
Designation: Specialist Orthopedic Surgeon
Specialty: Orthopedic and Trauma, Foot, and Ankle specialist
Languages: English and Arabic
- All arthroscopic procedures of the hip, knee, and ankle joints
- Key interest for the arthroscopic foot & ankle joints surgeries, including complex ligament repair & reconstruction
- Joint replacement surgeries (knee, hip, foot and ankle joints)
- Sports injury
- All upper and lower limb trauma and fracture management
- Dr. Muhammad Khalifa carries with him more than 15 years of remarkable experience of exceptional performance in the field of orthopaedics, foot, ankle and sports medicine.
- Having served as an orthopedic specialist at El Helal Orthopedic & Trauma Hospital in Cairo, Dr. Khalifa then worked for the DHA (Dubai Health Authority – UAE) Rashid Hospital as a Lecturer in Orthopaedics and Trauma. He furthered his knowledge by completing a Foot and Ankle Fellowship at the Orthopaedic Department, Basel, Switzerland and built on that knowledge by gaining experience of Foot & Ankle surgeries at Netcare Linksfield Hospital, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- His expertise is demonstrated through his handling of foot and ankle related problems (including foot and ankle joints’ arthroscopy), sports injuries, trauma and fracture of both upper and lower limbs, in addition to his management of diabetic and Charcot foot and ankle.
- Dr. Khalifa is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, AO Trauma, the Egyptian Orthopaedic Association, the Emirates Orthopaedic Association and AO Trauma Regional Faculty.
- Foot & Ankle arthroscopy fellowship, Quironsalud Hospital, Barcelona, Spain, 2020
- Foot & Ankle fellowship, Netcare Linksfield Hospital, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2018
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Diplom. The Universidade Católica San Antônio de Murcia (UCAM), 2015
- Foot & Ankle Fellowship, Basel, Switzerland, June 2013
- Master’s Degree in Orthopedics & Trauma Surgery (MSc), Faculty of Medicine Ain – Shams University Cairo, Egypt 2008
- Orthopedic and Trauma Residency Program, Cairo, Egypt 2005-2010
Number of Years of Experience : 15 years
Research & Publications
- Accuracy of Reduction of Displaced Intra-Articular Calcaneal fractures using limited Sinus Tarsi Approach (STA): CT-based evaluation, poster, SICOT, Masqat, Oman, 2019
- Validation of recent CT-based classification of posterior malleolus fractures; Large cohort study, poster, international Trauma Congress ITC, Dubai, UAE, 2017
- Commercially available Trabecular Metal Ankle Interpositional Spacer for Tibio-talo-calcaneal Arthrodesis secondary to severe bone loss of the ankle, the Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, 2014
- Acromio-clavicular joint injury mini-open versus arthroscopic technique, SICOT, 2013