Dr. Girish Banwari
Designation: Specialist Psychiatrist
Languages: English, Hindi/Urdu, Gujarati
He has expertise in diagnosing and treating:
- Schizophrenia/psychosis (paranoia, hearing of voices, disorganized thinking and behavior)
- Bipolar disorders (mood swings)
- Depression (persistent sad mood, lack of motivation, low self-esteem, suicidal thoughts)
- Anxiety disorders (phobias, panic attacks, generalized anxiety, social anxiety)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders (OCDs)
- Adjustment disorders (emotional reactions to stressful life events)
- Acute and Post Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Personality disorders (emotional sensitivity, anger issues, impulsivity, stubbornness)
- Somatoform disorders (IBS, headaches, chronic pain, medically unexplained physical symptoms)
- Sleep disorders (insomnia, sleeping too much, nightmares)
- Sexual dysfunctions (due to psychological factors)
- Addictive disorders (dependence on nicotine, alcohol, other substances of abuse)
- Childhood-onset disorders (ADHD, dyslexia, intellectual disability, autism, tics)
- Cognitive disorders (dementia, delirium)
Dr. Girish Banwari is a psychiatrist with over 15 years of clinical experience in both government and private settings, in specialised mental health clinics as well as tertiary care, multi-speciality hospitals in India and the UAE. His areas of special interest are general adult psychiatry, and child and adolescent mental health.
He has worked as an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at reputed medical colleges in India and was extensively involved in teaching undergraduate medical students, along with being a faculty member of many postgraduate psychiatry training programs.
He can treat patients of all ages. His treatment plans usually include medication management or psychotherapy or both.
Research & Publications
- His academic inclination saw him present scientific papers and conduct symposia in numerous conferences and seminars, with many “Best Paper Awards” to his credit.
- In addition, he has many publications in indexed journals.
- He has served as a peer reviewer in international medical journals such as Sexual Health (Australia), BMJ Case Reports (UK), East Asian Archives of Psychiatry (Hong Kong), and Journal of Child & Adolescent Mental Health (South Africa).
Number of Years of Experience: 15 years