Dr. Deepak Manjiani
Designation: Consultant Anesthetist
Languages: English, Hindi, Urdu, Sindhi
- Adult anaesthesia / Pediatric anaesthesia
- Physician of excellence – specialized anaesthesia for obesity
- Neurosurgical anaesthesia (Adult & Pediatric)
- Regional Blocks for Orthopedic Surgeries
- Epidural and Spinal blocks – Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Difficult airway management – Fellowship UK
- Competent in prolonged Plastic surgical cases
- Advanced pain management
Dr. Deepak Manjiani is highly skilled and experienced in the field of anaesthesiology, with 24 years in the field.
Dr. Deepak has trained and worked in the UK, and he also received his fellowship in Anaesthesia, airway management and pain management from UK. He has the distinction of working with some of the leading hospitals in England, including Epsom & St Heliers University Hospital; Guy’s and St Thomas’s Hospital, London; Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals, Brighton; Worthing Hospital, Worthing; and more.
Dr. Deepak comes with immense exposure of working with multiple types of surgeries, and working in multi-speciality hospitals he has been working in the UAE for past 7 years.
He has served and attended thousands of patients, in the area of priority, routine, and emergency. He has managed patients ranging from Grade 1 to 5, and has received a lot of positive customer commendations and feedback.
Apart from anaesthesia, Dr. Deepak has also received training in Pain management, as well as Adult and Paediatric ICU care. He also has a lot of teaching experience and has gained post-graduation qualification in Clinical Education from the UK. He is also a recipient of the Physician of Excellence – Bariatric Surgery Award, USA.
- FRCA – Fellowship of the Royal College of Anesthesia, London
- CCST – Completion Certificate of Specialist Training
- PGCCE – Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Education, UK
- Advanced Pain Training, London Deanery, UK
- Difficult Airway Fellowship, London, UK
Research & Publications
- Availability and utilization of opioids for pain management: global issues. Manjiani D, Paul DB, Kunnumpurath S, Kaye AD, Vadivelu N.Ochsner J. 2014 Summer;14(2):208-15.PMID: 24940131
- Transient glaucoma after an epidural steroid injection: a case report. Manjiani D, Said S, Kaye AD.Ochsner J. 2015 Spring;15(1):79-82.PMID: 25829885
- Co-Investigator, ELEVATE – Qutenza versus pregabalin in subjects with peripheral neuropathic pain: an open-label, randomised, multicenter, noninferiority efficacy and tolerability study. As a Co-Investigator I am recruiting, consenting and collecting data. GSTT Feb13
- Shared Airway: Retrospective Analysis of local anaesthetic tracheotomies performed at a tertiary referral Head & Neck oncology centre. As an Airway fellow at Guys & St Thomas’ Hospital, Collected and compiled the data for an ongoing clinical series. GSTT, Aug 12
Number of Years of Experience: 24 years