Dr. Carl Farah
Designation: Consultant Radiologist
Languages: English, French, and Arabic
- Diagnostic radiology
- Musculoskeletal radiology
- Sports radiology
- Emergency radiology
- Internal medicine practitioner
Dr. Carl Farah is an experienced radiologist in the region. He has deep knowledge of various fields within radiology and internal medicine, like digital radiology, ultrasound, MRI, CT, X-ray, DICOM, emergency radiology, minimally-invasive procedure radiology, oncology radiology, pediatric and adult radiology and more. He is an enthusiastic learner and believes in continuous updation of his knowledge. This is why he has a wide range of research and publication material under his name.
In his career, his work has attracted awards like the Wayne State University Research Award First Place winner in April 2009 and the 2006 Intern of the Year at Roger Williams Medical Center, Providence RI.
He has memberships and affiliations to the below:
- Radiological Society of North America
- The Michigan Radiological Society
- American Medical Association
- The American College of Radiology
- Doctor of Medicine, School of Medicine, Saint Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon, 2003
- Internal Medicine/Radiology Program, Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Beirut Lebanon, 2004
- Internal Medicine Program, Roger Williams Medical Center, Providence RI, 2007
- Diagnostic Radiology Residency, Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State University, Detroit MI, 2011
- Musculoskeletal Radiology Fellowship, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, 2013
Research & Publications
University of South Florida (2007-2011 & Present)
- Prospective Study evaluating MRI findings in Gout.
- Retrospective and prospective study comparing the clinical utility of Volume Rad in the diagnosis and treatment of talar posterior process fractures.
Detroit Medical Center/Karmanos Cancer Center, Detroit MI (2008 – 2011)
- Retrospective and Prospective Research Project. Access Database design for the monitoring and analysis of the patient population requiring cryotherapy ablation for various masses
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington DC (2004 – 2006)
- Clinical Trial Research Coordinator: Clinical trial for the use of Remicade in the treatment of Sarcoidosis.
- Retrospective Research study on Evaluation and analysis of the incidence and prevalence of non-Tuberculous mycobacterial disease and possible risk factors.
Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon (2002 – 2003)
- Retrospective Research Study on Ultrasound and MRI appearance of benign extra-ovarian serous Cystadenomas with surgical and pathology correlation.
- Gout arthritis: Description and correlation of MRI and Xray findings. Farah, Carl; Prakash, Neelesh; Abstract submitted to the 2012 ACR Annual meeting. Pending approval.
- Percutaneous Cryotherapy of Lung Masses: Low Complication and Recurrence Rates Beyond 12 months. Littrup, Peter J.; Aoun, Hussein; Kakos, Roger; Farah, Carl. Abstract accepted at the Society of Interventional Radiology Meeting 2009.
Number of Years of Experience: 10 years